SPECIAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
KEY LINKS AND RESOURCES
- Vanessa Barbara, New York Times: Brazilian politics and culture: Vanessa Barbara is a columnist for the Brazilian newspaper O Estado de São Paulo, the editor of the literary website A Hortaliça, and a contributing opinion writer.
- The Brazil Institute at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars, or "The Wilson Center": Seeks to foster dialogue on key issues of bilateral concern between Brazil and the United States and advance Washington’s understanding of contemporary Brazilian developments by promoting research, analysis and debate of Brazil’s public policies. Check out the Center's article and Think Brazil blog; if you're in Washington DC, you can also attend events.
GENERAL NEWS SITES
- New York Times: Brazil news, commentary, archival articles
- The Guardian: Features and articles categorized by month
- Al Jazeera: Brazil news
- The Rio Times: News in English for Rio de Janeiro and Brazil
- Folha de São Paulo
- Folha de São Paulo (English)
- O Globo
- US-Brazil Relations Fact Sheet: From the US Department of State, Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs, last updated January 27, 2017)
- Brazil: Background and US Relations: Published by the Congressional Research Service, February 11, 2016.
- "The Road" by Stephanie Nolen, The Globe and Mail (January 26, 2018). "Highway BR-163 cuts a brutal path through Brazil’s conflicting ambitions: to transform itself into an economic powerhouse and to preserve the Amazon as a bulwark against climate change. Stephanie Nolen travelled 2,000 kilometres along the dusty, dangerous corridor, and found a range of realistic — and often counterintuitive — ways that the forest could work for everyone."